Vulnerability Assessment Service
Enhance your IT Security Program with the vulnerability assessment service by Atlant Security. We help you discover the weaknesses in your defenses proactively before someone else does.
Atlant Security’s Vulnerability Assessment team helps clients succeed in a resource-constrained, extremely competitive world. We have helped clients globally – the list of our customers includes banks, government organizations, and software development companies. You can rely on the high-quality consulting of our team of experts who have vast global cybersecurity assessment experience.
Download our Vulnerability Assessment Datasheet
Our mission: Provide SMBs with Stellar Vulnerability Assessment Results
“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Vulnerability Assessment is not about the vulnerabilities identified or how vulnerable your infrastructure and processes are.
It is about the guidance you receive on becoming a Cyber Fortress.
It is about educating your team on the best ways to protect your company from the massive global threat landscape.
We serve as our clients’ partners in their mission to win in the market, defend from insider and outsider threats, and survive through security attacks.
Our vulnerability assessment service drills down into every IT infrastructure element and practice, finding ways to enhance them from a security and operations point of view.
14 areas to Assess
1 Remediation Plan
For smaller companies, the vulnerability assessment lasts up to 5 business days. More substantial companies require up to 10 business days.
💡 You can then go to your potential clients and win new business by showing how well you can protect your clients’ data!
Atlant Security's Vulnerability Assessment Services include:
Password & Access Management
How are passwords and access management handled? Do people reuse simple passwords? Do you know who has access to what and why, at any time? Can hackers steal employee passwords easily?
We check for mitigation controls for 17 types of cyber attacks: account compromise, unauthorized access, ransomware, network intrusions, malware infections, sabotage, security policy violations, etc.
Security Awareness Training
Has everyone in the organization gotten the appropriate security awareness training? If yes, then do they even remember what was it about? Has its effectiveness been tested?
Cloud Security Assessment
Microsoft 365 has 280+ security settings. Amazon Web Services and Azure have hundreds of security configuration options, too - we will take care of ALL of them!
Securing IT Infrastructure
We help our customers transform their IT infrastructure security by implementing Server & Network Device Hardening, Desktop Hardening, Network & Web Service security, Data Security, Backups, etc.
How many vulnerable machines / apps can a company have in its network?
We help our customers establish and manage a Vulnerability management program which will gradually reduce the vulnerabilities in their network.
Getting access to a corporate account may grant a hacker access to all internal systems, too. We protect our customers by implementing secure authentication, ensuring the integrity and confidentiality of your communications.
Breach simulation is an integral part of every Information Security Program. Our customers can rely on us to support them in the initiation, execution and conclusion of a Penetration Test.
Secure Software Development
Software development should be a rapid, efficient and secure process. We help our customers integrate security into the design, development, testing, integration and deployment of their code.
Security Policies and Procedures
Policies and Procedures are the governing laws even in a small company's business. The ones we create are living and breathing documents bringing order and structure to our customers' security practices.
Secure Remote Access
Secure Work From Home is one aspect of remote access, but we also take care of third party partners and outsourced employees, vendors and guests. Remote access to data is not limited to VPN.
Zero Trust Networking
This is exactly why we expand your defenses beyond VPN and add Zero-Trust as your main principle of defense. Are you curious how Zero Trust networking can be applied at your small business?
Advanced Endpoint Security
Antivirus is just one of 12 endpoint security controls we check in our security vulnerability assessments. These security controls prevent the exploitation via malicious documents, scripts, 0-day vulnerabilities and more.
Can you detect a policy violation or a security incident in your network today? If you get asked which computers executed unknown scripts or programs in the past 24 hours, can you answer this question?
Network Vulnerability Assessments usually include enumeration and vulnerability scans. We go deeper by discovering unauthorized access points, weak security configuration settings at your perimeter, and more.
Which vulnerability assessment tools do we use?
Atlant Security has performed vulnerability assessment services in the USA, Europe, UAE, and Asia.
Throughout our assessments, we have found vulnerabilities using our tools as well as using industry-standard vulnerability assessment tools. The exact toolset we use is proprietary information which we keep as our know-how.
However, running a vulnerability assessment successfully means more than just running a bunch of tools and stitching their output together!
In many cases, vulnerability assessment tools miss combinations of configuration issues – but our team can see how a few configuration mistakes turn into a possible vulnerability that can be used by a hacker.
Our Vulnerability Assessment Methodology
Our vulnerability assessment methodology is different from what you may have experience with – and that is why we keep growing with happy clients all over the world.
- We see the vulnerability assessment as an opportunity to educate our customers rather than gather data for a report.
- Before running any vulnerability assessment tools, our team has an in-depth technical discussion with your IT team to understand your infrastructure, system administration practices, and goals for the future.
- We focus our efforts on the biggest threats to your strategic goals so that you could immediately remediate them after the assessment is complete.
- We lead a consulting discussion with all questions asked during the evaluation. Your IT team has the opportunity to understand the topic in depth while the assessment is ongoing.
Our methodology for assessing vulnerabilities focuses on delivering as much value to our customers as possible.
Vulnerability Assessment Steps
These are the steps we follow in most of our vulnerability assessments. They may be modified to fit our customers better, depending on their goals and plans.
- A strategic meeting with the client management will decide the goals of the assessment, resources needed from both sides, and schedule and availability.
- A meeting with the clients’ IT team determines which elements to assess.
- When the vulnerability assessment starts, each question also includes a consulting session giving your IT team a chance to dive deep into its meaning and remediation importance.
- When the evaluation is over, Atlant Security continues working on its analysis to produce the right remediation plan and schedule, which would fit the client’s strategy and goals. This step can last between 2 to 5 business days.
- The report received can and should be used as a guideline on remediating all defense weaknesses found.
For our smaller customers, the time between assessment and full remediation of all findings can span just a couple of months. Larger customers tend to spend more than a year to fix everything we identify during the vulnerability assessment phase.
Vulnerability Assessment vs Penetration Testing
Many companies limit their security testing to regulation-mandated yearly penetration tests.
Do you know why this is wrong?
Testing your resiliency to cyber attacks should follow this cycle:
- Perform a security maturity assessment and a vulnerability assessment to figure out where you stand and what you need to work on – an approach that reveals hundreds of weaknesses and vulnerabilities.
- Work to mitigate all identified deficiencies and vulnerabilities in your processes and technologies. It can take between a few months to more than a year, depending on your company’s size.
- At this point, you can perform a penetration test, which is the validation control of the work done in steps 1 and 2.
Penetration testing is just one security control that should be performed regularly, but it should not be your primary security control.
The Vulnerability Assessment Report
The crown jewel of our vulnerability assessment service is the vulnerability assessment report our customers receive.
Its executive section is not just a summary of the report but also an assessment of how executive leadership handles security in the company and management guidelines on improving every aspect of managing and leading data security and protection.
As an industry leader in the vulnerability assessment space, Atlant Security helps executives see their security posture by assessing them via the Baldrige Cybersecurity Excellence Builder, which serves as the input for the Executive Section of the Report.
The rest of the vulnerability assessment report serves as a guideline and a schedule for fixing the defense weaknesses and practice improvement opportunities identified.
We split the report into Urgent (High Priority Fixes), Medium Priority Fixes, and Low Priority Fixes with detailed technical guidance on fixing each of them.
As a bonus, you also receive Excel vulnerability management templates that serve as a project management tool to track the status of each vulnerability, blocking issues, and more.
Network Vulnerability Assessment
During the Network Vulnerability Assessment phase of our review, our team goes from discovery to device security settings evaluation.
- Do you have vulnerable printers installed?
- Have your switches and routers been configured in accordance with DISA STIG and CIS requirements?
- Are there any unauthorized Wireless Access Points in your network? This usually means that someone is leaking data and is bypassing the corporate security controls.
- Can someone easily hack into your WiFi network, thus gaining access to the corporate network? Does this expose your whole organization to a 5-minute attack?
All these and more questions get answered during our network vulnerability assessments.
Who will execute the assessment for you?
My name is Alexander Sverdlov – author of 2 cyber security books, speaker at many of the largest global cyber security conferences.
While working in Microsoft’s security consulting team, I performed security vulnerability assessments in Thailand, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Turkey, and Lebanon, for some of their largest banks and government organizations.
When I founded Atlant Security, I created and executed much better and extensive IT security assessments for my clients globally as I was not tied by the corporate limitations on which tools and methodologies could be used.
You have my guarantee: by working with me, you will get the ultimate quality in terms of what a vulnerability assessment could be.
Just as with buying any high-quality service, what you get in the end is a tailored, personalized, and effective solution that will help your company rise to the top in protecting customer data in your industry.