Signs of a Denial of Service Attack
- The network appears to be running slower than usual or there is no connection at all. (opening files or visiting websites)
- Unable to reach a University website,resource, or any public website or resource available through the internet.
- Mailbox is inundated with spam to the point that no legitimate e-mails can be delivered. The hard drive has suddenly become full
Signs of Malicious Code (Virus, Malware, Spyware, Rootkits)
- Computer is running abnormally slow or crashes for no apparent reason
- Files are being deleted or becoming corrupt
- Internet homepage is different and/or there are additional components added to the browser
- Pop-up ads are always appearing on the desktop
- Random Windows error messages appear
- The mouse cursor moves around without any interaction
Signs of Unauthorized Access
- Computer is not in the same physical condition that it was left in
- Files and folders have been added, deleted, or changed
- You witness someone using a system or using credentials that do not belong to them
Sverdis offers Information Security Incident Response Services in all these cases and more. Contact us!